From: Murad Talukdar [mailto:talukdar_m@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:02 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DACLS for software distribution points...

Hi all,
MS says in this article that the DACLS for software distribution points
should be EVERYONE: READ and Administrator: Full Control, Change, Read.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/45a873dd-660d-4de
6-aa
c4-8a03974796121033.mspx?mfr=true

Why shouldn't the EVERYONE be removed and replaced with Authenticated
Users?
I was thinking of doing this and can't really see any adverse impact.

Kind Regards
Murad Talukdar

---
---

---
[This E-mail scanned for Spam and Viruses by
http://www.innovationnetworks.ca]

  • RE: DACLS for software distribution points...
    ... At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:02 PM:, Murad Talukdar wrote: ... MS says in this article that the DACLS for software distribution ... I was thinking of doing this and can't really see any adverse impact. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • DACLS for software distribution points...
    ... MS says in this article that the DACLS for software distribution points ... should be EVERYONE: READ and Administrator: Full Control, Change, Read. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: DACLS for software distribution points...
    ... which would make it irrelevant whether or not anonymous access was allowed ... DACLS for software distribution points... ... It probably won't have any adverse impact, ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Windows update v5, where is the history file on my HD
    ... I had the Control Panel>Automatic Updates>"Notify me but don't automatically ... download or install them" checked, yet still "Software Distribution Service ... > I keep getting the stupid ESENT message in my Event Viewer, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: DACLs versus ACLs
    ... It is the SDs are made of DACLs and SACLs. ... > controlled access and the ACL that controlled audit generation. ... which are Discretionary Access Control Lists. ...