From: nemanja.janic@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:nemanja.janic@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 2:02 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Logon audit

Hello list,
i need some help with interpreting what i see. I have Logon
Failure Audit turned on on several machines in my system
(all Win XP pro), and i keep getting this:
"
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: <username>
Source Workstation: <stationname>
Error Code: 0xC000006E

Type stated is Failure Audit, Event ID is 680.
"

Username and workstation vary from machine to machine.

Now my question is, what is that Event ID680? I am sure that
no users are trying to logon to mentioned machines, and that
there is no shared-folder accessing going on. I tried to
find answers all over the web, but to no avail as of yet.
Is is a worm/virus of some sort? Or another win intricacy?