Logon audit

Hello list,
i need some help with interpreting what i see. I have Logon Failure Audit turned on on several machines in my system (all Win XP pro), and i keep getting this:
"
Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Logon account: <username>
Source Workstation: <stationname>
Error Code: 0xC000006E

Type stated is Failure Audit, Event ID is 680.
"

Username and workstation vary from machine to machine.

Now my question is, what is that Event ID680? I am sure that no users are trying to logon to mentioned machines, and that there is no shared-folder accessing going on. I tried to find answers all over the web, but to no avail as of yet.
Is is a worm/virus of some sort? Or another win intricacy?

  • Re: Local Security Policy in Windows XP Home
    ... the logon profiles and have disabled the guest account. ... It's a network component that should be checked ... >> machines and a 2Wire router. ... I can access shared files from Charlie to Alpha ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • unknown user name / dropping authentication
    ... The only way to reconnect to the server is logoff/logon or reboot. ... Profiles) something called User Unknown as a profile on all the machines, ... Logon Failure: ... Caller User Name: - ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logon audit
    ... I have Logon Failure Audit turned on on several machines in my system, ... Source Workstation: ... Type stated is Failure Audit, ... I am sure that no users are trying to logon to mentioned machines, and that there is no shared-folder accessing going on. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: intermittent problems with software install via GPO
    ... netdiag on one of the problem machines. ... > No Domain Controller is available for domain LONGWOOD due to the ... > There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: DomainUsername Outlook Client
    ... > Yes, they do logon to the same domain on these machines, however, we ... etc., more like Outlook. ... > authentication type issue between XP and server 2003, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)