From: Alexandros Papadopoulos [mailto:apapadop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 10:25 AM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Windows XP Services Best Practice

On Monday 05 June 2006 05:58, Vic Brown wrote:
Anyone has a useful link with with information about what XP Pro SP2
services should be "disabled" on enterprise desktops according to
"best" practice? Basically I'm looking for something that has the
service name, functionality, security implication, and best practice
recommendation. Desktop users are only running an office suite.

Try http://www.nsa.gov/snac/ - NSA's security configuration guides.

-A

---
---

  • Re: Windows XP Services Best Practice
    ... On Monday 05 June 2006 05:58, Vic Brown wrote: ... services should be "disabled" on enterprise desktops according to ... service name, functionality, security implication, and best practice ... Try http://www.nsa.gov/snac/ - NSA's security configuration guides. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Windows XP Services Best Practice
    ... These lists are no more than "typical" services; ... Windows XP Services Best Practice ... services should be "disabled" on enterprise desktops according to ... Try http://www.nsa.gov/snac/ - NSA's security configuration guides. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Special considerations with SBS2003 for CPAs, lawyers, medical, e
    ... Just yesterday a fellow CPA sent me, another CPA a pdf of a tax form with SSN numbers unencrypted. ... You first need to educate us on secure practices of handling data. ... You'd have to consult with an attorney, but in my mind, unless your client informs you of their legal requirements, or you hold yourself out to be a consultant that makes someone Hipaa compliant, the legal liability is on the back of that client. ... Good practice is how do you want YOUR personal information handled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PKI Question
    ... "Best practice" for enterprise doesn't always apply to small site/small ... > I am in charge of a PKI Enterprise Root CA that issues out certs for a ift ... > not going to be very secure (andyone can log on to the server powerup the ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Active System Segment needs replacing
    ...  Since the SYSSEG ... is in use all the time I am wondering the best practice to replace it.. ... I could secure it "AAAA" but that kinda defeats the security of the ...
    (comp.sys.tandem)