From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jason Muskat <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <genius@xxxxxxxx>,
<focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Restricting Remote Registry Access

Jason,

Simply set the permissions for the parts of the keys
you want to. Watch out,
the registry is used very oddly. You will most
likely break something.

Can you elaborate? What do you mean that the Registry
is "used oddly"?

Thanks,

Harlan

Harlan Carvey, CISSP
"Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
http://www.windows-ir.com
http://windowsir.blogspot.com

  • Re: Word Passwords
    ... It was a long time ago, didn't say it was Word, but Windows system. ... so deleting it from the Registry would not help. ... > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... I had to hire a Microsoft Certified Technician to go into ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: outlook 2007 will not allow account settings
    ... try creating a new user id on your Windows system to see if the "registry problem" is isolated to user or machine. ... "Kalyanaraman S." ... > I have been using Outlook 2003 on my windows XP professional. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Still cant beat a Dell
    ... Now that that's out of the way, You can prove a Windows system is free of ... malware because you have detection software. ... You can install Windows and have the registry and all ... And many malicious apps mask themselves as a known process, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Still cant beat a Dell
    ... Now that that's out of the way, You can prove a Windows system is free of ... malware because you have detection software. ... You can install Windows and have the registry and all ... And many malicious apps mask themselves as a known process, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Services for netware 5.03 SP2
    ... As I meantioned I was troubleshooting with regmon to see if the correct keys ... In short the MigrateDirOnly registry option does not work. ... Set this value to 1 to migrate only the directory structure ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...