RE: USB device installation problem

The Registry contains information regarding specific
devices, to include the serial number of the device
(if it has one), and the last time the device was
connected. For the first time the device was
connected, check the setupapi.log file.

--- Detection Services - IS Security <secdet@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

System Event log,
Source = "Removable Storage"
Event IDs = 134 - insertion.
135 - removal

The Description field includes device specifics:

Received a device interface ARRIVAL notification for
device:

\\?\USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_&Prod_&Rev_1.89#254F11FE40F7437B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-1
1d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}

This seems to be specific to the device.

Q: can anyone shed light on tracing this back to a
specific USB hardware
device?