To: <ricci@xxxxxxxxx>; <focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 11:44 AM
Subject: RE: USB device installation problem

System Event log,
Source = "Removable Storage"
Event IDs = 134 - insertion.
135 - removal

The Description field includes device specifics:

Received a device interface ARRIVAL notification for device:

\\?\USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_&Prod_&Rev_1.89#254F11FE40F7437B&0#{53f56307-b6bf-1
1d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}

This seems to be specific to the device.

Q: can anyone shed light on tracing this back to a specific USB hardware
device?