From: ricci@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:ricci@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 6:43 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: USB device installation problem

Hello All,

Currently, USB usage becomes one of the most important part in Windows
systems. If I would like to check how many USB external storage has been
inserted to the computer before and when is they have been inserted and
removed, is there any way I can check that from registry? or is there
any
other location I can find that?

Please advise.

Thx.

Ricci

---
---

  • RE: Non-hardware related drive access problem - affects one letter onl
    ... Locate and click the following registry key: ... Edit menu, click Permissions. ... I have a USB extension cable connected to a USB port in my computer. ... insert my USB stick, then, Windows assigns L: ...
  • Re: Disable Usage of USB storage Devices
    ... > allowing the needed usb devices to be attached. ... > operating systems on cdrom such as Knoppix and Bart's PE that could allow a ... > This feature provides the ability to set a registry key that will prevent ... > write operations to USB block storage devices, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: XP SP2 - new way to stop USB key drives
    ... I had my powerpoint presentation on a USB disk key, ... >>>> What does controlling block storage devices on USB buses do? ... >>>> this registry key is enabled, the devices function only as read-only ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: USB driver not found after cold boot
    ... device driver before the filesystem for the flash has been mounted. ... might be able to delay loading of the USB bus driver with a change to its ... registry key was: ... If we don't enter the name our app cannot open our device. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • RE: USB device installation problem
    ... USB storage devices are listed under ... Subject: USB device installation problem ... "Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery" ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)