Autorun in screensaver

Hello All,

I'm conducting a security assessment and suddenly I got an interesting
question. When I inserted an USB hard disk with screensaver turned on, I
can see that my hard disk has been enabled and autoplay must have been
executed. However, can an autorun program be executed when screensaver
turned on? Is there any way that I can make the autorun executed even with
screensaver turned on?

Please advise.

Thx.

Ricci

  • Re: Autorun in screensaver
    ... I'm conducting a security assessment and suddenly I got an interesting ... When I inserted an USB hard disk with screensaver turned on, ... can an autorun program be executed when screensaver ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Autorun in screensaver
    ... the credentials of the logged-on user and will execute even while the ... When I inserted an USB hard disk with screensaver turned on, ... can an autorun program be executed when screensaver ... I sign all of my messages with a PGP Public Key using the Open Source version ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: help on installing fedora 9 on external disk
    ...      I am planning to install fedora 9 on my external USB hard disk. ... right now my laptop is having windows vista. ... how do I manage vista when i unplug my USB hard disk because grub will be stored on external hard disk. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Has Novell stumbled with 9.1?
    ... David Giles wrote: ... > Maybe start with the USB hard disk issue you have and work from there. ... This post is for those searching Usenet, not for the benefit of the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • usb issue in 2.6 or notebook defect?
    ... On another host the usb hard disk can be read without any problems. ... reading usb disks (either adapted 2.5" notebook hard disks or usb ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)