Laptop Encryption & Write Permissions

I am looking into encryption for laptops. Specifically, I like the idea
of only encrypting one of two partitions (the non-OS holding partition).
This partition would hold data and programs for the user, and the
unencrypted partition would hold the OS. =20 Is it simple permissions to
force users to write data (including swap and all temporary files) to
the encrypted partition? Essentially, for the user the OS part would be
read only.

Thanks!

Casey DeBerry
CoBiz Inc
Information Security
Office 303-312-3405
Mobile 303-669-8547
cdeberry@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the sender nor CoBiz Inc. and its subsidiaries accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.