RE: trouble using SSL on WSUS

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Bart Poort [mailto:bggp@xxxxxxxxx]
: Sent: Tuesday, 21 March 2006 7:36 PM
: To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: Subject: RE: trouble using SSL on WSUS
:
: On Mon, 20 Mar 2006, Bart Poort wrote:
:
: > You where right. I impoted the root certificate on the clients and then
: > the problem was solved.
:
: But it caused an other strange problem.
:
: I imported the root certifcate that signed mine into the local computer
: "trusted CA" on the clients. Since i've done that i'm not able to browse
: other sites that use a certificate signed with the same root certificate.
: It says "The page could not be displayed". When i remove the root
: certificate the problem is solved. It seems that there is a conflict with
: the root certificate.

Apologies for coming in late here, but "Page Can Not Be Displayed" is a
pretty generic error message.

What do you see further down below? Do you see a HTTP status code? If so,
what is it? Or do you see "Can not find server or DNS error"? (in which case
the request is not making it to the server, or the server isn't responding).

Is there anything logged on the client or server event logs about not being
able to negotiate a secure SSL channel?

Cheers
Ken

--
My IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken

  • RE: Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems
    ... away from the server arena. ... We run SMTP AUTH but we don't run SSL SMTP. ... e-mail clients that can't handle SSL SMTP. ... Sendmail - IMAP-UW - Cyrus-SASL2 - SMTPAUTH problems ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: QUESTION: Can a function be set up as a constant in JS?
    ... Server side sniffing is not in widespread use, ... but the default Apache config file for SSL ... Most problems of broken clients are also related to the HTTP ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: IPSec to encrypt SMB traffic?
    ... How does Etercap decrypt ssl protected data payload without the shared ... >> all of our clients are within our own Domain. ... >> particular Windows 2003 file server. ... Removed all entries under Key Exchange Security Method except ...
  • Re: IPSec to encrypt SMB traffic?
    ... How does Etercap decrypt ssl protected data payload without the shared ... >> all of our clients are within our own Domain. ... >> particular Windows 2003 file server. ... Removed all entries under Key Exchange Security Method except ...
  • Re: QUESTION: Can a function be set up as a constant in JS?
    ... did you play only that game?) ... Server side sniffing is not in widespread use, ... but the default Apache config file for SSL ... Most problems of broken clients are also related to the HTTP ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)