RE: EFS disaster!

Got backup?

-----Original Message-----
From: AnalyzerN [mailto:analyzer.is@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:05 PM
To: Focus-MS Security Focus
Subject: EFS disaster!

Hi I accidentally decrypted some important files that were
encrypted using EFS on a WinXP SP1 machine using another
WinXP installation without any service packs. Now all data
seems to be corrupted and it is after this I discovered that
WinXP without SP1 uses different encryption for EFS. I think
my second WinXP installation without SP1 has decrypted all my
data using something other than AES.

My question is: is there any way to some how reverse this
process and recover this data? Please let me know if there is
way to recover the data.

Thanx

AN

-------------
-------------

  • EFS disaster!
    ... Hi I accidentally decrypted some important files that were encrypted using EFS on a WinXP SP1 machine using another WinXP installation without any service packs. ... Now all data seems to be corrupted and it is after this I discovered that WinXP without SP1 uses different encryption for EFS. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: EFS algorithm
    ... environment for efs, assuming that on all os' the latest service pack ... There is no common algorithm, as the encryption algorithm used is ... Windows 2000: DESX ... Windows XP with SP2 (may be SP1): ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: EFS disaster!
    ... 'cracked' software usually implies that you are either: ... code which modifies the application you want to use. ... EFS on a WinXP SP1 machine using another WinXP installation without any ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: A quick question before I kill myself... (XP EFS)
    ... next version which presumably will handle sp1 EFS. ... look for Advanced EFS Recovery here: ... Roger is right about XP not using Administrators account as ...
  • Re: EFS disaster!
    ... this tool can decrypt you data. ... EFS on a WinXP SP1 machine using another WinXP installation without any ... Please let me know if there is way to recover the data.. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)