-----Mensagem original-----
De: Drew Weaver [mailto:drew.weaver@xxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 13 de março de 2006 15:15
Para: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: SPAM-BAIXO: New Sasser variant on the loose? Anyone else?

Has anyone seen a sasser variant that effects Windows 2k3 SP1?

    We have started seeing servers exhibiting the exact same effects that
sasser had back when it was "all the rage" that are completely patched to
the latest "Windows Update" spec before ever touching the non firewalled
internet. Our firewall is about as restrictive as possible.

There are two errors which are similar which evoke the "reboot of death" I
have been seeing these again since Saturday.

"Shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\services.exe Status Code -1073741819"

I shortened the above error message, but the perinent parts are there, I
also noticed that sometimes it is lsass and sometimes it is services.exe.

Also, we use ghost to install our operating system, and our ghost image is
current up to the last windows update patch, and I have verified that sasser

is not on our ghost image.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Thanks,
Andrew

  • RE: New Sasser variant on the loose? Anyone else?
    ... I had a similar thing hit last Thursday on a Windows XP SP2 box that was patched completely. ... Has anyone seen a sasser variant that effects Windows 2k3 SP1? ... I shortened the above error message, but the perinent parts are there, I ... Also, we use ghost to install our operating system, and our ghost image is ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: New Sasser variant on the loose? Anyone else?
    ... Drew and I worked on this problem in a private email thread. ... New Sasser variant on the loose? ... the latest "Windows Update" spec before ever touching the non firewalled ... Also, we use ghost to install our operating system, and our ghost image ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)