RE: Security templates and settings in Windows XP

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 13:26 -0500, Levinson, Karl wrote:
<snip>
> In reality they've probably already validated most if not all of the
> vulnerability. Microsoft seems to have decided for some reason that it is
> not in their [or maybe our] best interest for them to validate
> vulnerabilities until there is a patch out. Possibly they feel validating
> the vuln to the world increases the risk rather than decreasing it.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/912840.mspx

Isn't a security advisory validating the existence of the
vulnerability ?

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog: http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca: https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3