From: Bill Busby [mailto:williambusby2001@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:22 PM
To: focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Security templates and settings in Windows XP

In setting up Windows XP and securing XP, NIST and
SANS recomend disabling QOS from XP. I am trying to
find a registry key that for QOS so that this setting
can be checked remotely. Does anyonw know of such a
key?

This is one of the steps towards securing Windows XP.

Thanks,

William

__________________________________

  • Re: Security templates and settings in Windows XP
    ... The UID will change each time you bind and unbind the QoS Packet Scheduler from the interface. ... the appropriate binding is created in Network Adapters and given the NetCfgInstanceID for the interface referenced in the PSched parameters. ... Security templates and settings in Windows XP ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Security templates and settings in Windows XP
    ... No I am automating a security check script that checks ... to verify that QOS is disabled on Windows XP systems. ... > Are you worried about users changing the QoS DSCP/IP ... > SANS recomend disabling QOS from XP. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: trouble with win xp sp2
    ... >> I've ben using netmeeting with students and windows xp sp1 ... I'm supprised that QoS is necessary under sp1 ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.netmeeting)
  • Re: QoS??
    ... Windows XP Quality of Service (QoS) Enhancements and Behavior ... "SirLar" wrote in message: ... | therefore you need a UPnP router." ...
  • Re: cant open socket in embedded that works on full XP
    ... >> I'd also think that there are some problems for a limited user to start "QoS ... > BTW. Do you know how to modify security for services? ... what it says on the Log On page for the QoS RSVP service in Services UI? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)