Re[2]: Changing local admin PW using vb logon script - can it be encrypted?

Dear Nicolas RUFF,

NR> Why don't you change the local administrator password remotely (using a
NR> WMI script for instance), or even lock down the local administrator
NR> account
'correctly'
NR> if your 500 computers are part of a Windows domain ?

RestrictAnonymous = 2 etc pp.

--
http://secdev.zoller.lu
Thierry Zoller

  • Re: Administrator account is not locking out
    ... By default this account will not be locked out although there is an option ... If it were possible to lock this account by default ... does it affect the Domain Administrator account (ie can the administrator ... into there local PC as local administrator and trying to connect to the ...
  • Re: Administrator account is not locking out
    ... By default this account will not be locked out although there is an option ... If it were possible to lock this account by default ... does it affect the Domain Administrator account (ie can the administrator ... into there local PC as local administrator and trying to connect to the ...
  • RE: Why should we disable local administrator accounts?
    ... I understand that you have concerns on disabling local Administrator ... Account on client workstations in SBS domain. ... At least if your local admin passwords are ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: local administrator account password policy
    ... computers that hold critical data are physically secured, ... less risk of local administrator passwords being compromised as it is easy ... computers] will make password cracking much more difficult after the policy ... account access smart cards. ...
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows Local Workstation Admins t
    ... Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account Caching Allows ... Cached Domain Admin Accounts ... modifications to the Active Directory cached accounts listing stored ... domain users that have local administrator privileges on domain assets ...
    (Full-Disclosure)