Re: What server hardening are you doing these days?

From: Barrie Dempster (barrie_at_reboot-robot.net)
Date: 11/15/05

    To: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net>
    Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:13:54 +0000

    On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 11:13 -0800, Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS
    Rocks [MVP] wrote:
    > sometimes one chooses to hack
    > up the app and take the risk. The alternative is local administrator
    > or
    > power user rights on that desktop which has it's own risks.

    Very well said, in the former case however the admin controls the risk,
    in the latter case it's the users realm. (The users realm is a scary
    place!)

    In my opinion admin controlled risks > user controlled risks and is why
    I'd personally favour even a hacky attempt at controlling the app by the
    admin.

    --
    With Regards..
    Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue