New List - Beta-Announce

From: Marc Fossi (mfossi_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 10/27/05

    Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:47:57 -0600 (MDT)
    To: Focus-MS <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Objective

    The primary objective of the Beta-Announce list is to provide the
    SecurityFocus community access to upcoming security tool and product beta
    trials. In the same vein it will provide access to tool authors and
    vendors to announce their beta programs and get valuable feedback from
    the community which will ultimately use and in some cases, buy, their
    offerings.

    Background

    There are an overwhelming number of security tools and products available
    today. Many, if not most, have limited beta trials because of lack of
    access to an informed, qualified community. By providing a list such as
    this we hope to help authors provide stronger offerings to the community
    and we hope to allow the community an opportunity to stay abreast of the
    most recent security technologies.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/141/description

    Marc Fossi
    Symantec Corp.