RE: security policy 'not specified' option

From: Laura A. Robinson (larobins_at_bellatlantic.net)
Date: 10/21/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:31:26 -0400
    To: "'matthew patton'" <pattonme@yahoo.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    What you're referring to is known as "tattooing" the registry, and is a
    painful artifact of prior policy functionality. But you already know that.
    :-) My question to you is, can you enumerate the settings to which you're
    referring, or are we talking about zillions of settings? If you can specify
    which things you want to get to a known state, it may be doable- we'd just
    need more information.

    Laura

    • RE: Power Management settings via Registry
      ... to use a GPO or change the registry keys to modify settings in Power ... this can be done through a policy using the ... Copy the powercfg.exe and the batch file to the netlogon share ...
    • Re: Desktop Icons Problem
      ... Tab / Performance Section / Settings Button / Visual Effects is ... Properties / Desktop Tab / Customize Desktop / Web Tab are unchecked ... workstation and I’m not afraid to go into the Registry and/or Policy ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Registry changes made via ADM file disappear after a reboot
      ... the ShowLogonOptions entry changes depending on ... if you assign it using Domain textbox on Logon Settings tab ... check the registry and I see the registry value change from a 1 to a 0. ... Just for good measure I applied the policy to every GPO that I ...
    • Re: Why is Group Policy Limited to specific keys?
      ... "policies" sections would be). ... non policy keys just as easily. ... machine first process registry policy, it takes the contents of all of the ... overwritten by conflicting settings linked later in the processing cycle. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: GPO extension
      ... Just a "policy aware" application? ... Save all your settings in the registry and define 2 places to ... (ProcessGroupPolicy), but what GUID should I use in the GPExtensions ... An ADM is applied by CSE Registry. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)