security policy 'not specified' option

From: matthew patton (pattonme_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/20/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:56:37 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Some time back I used a security policy editor that had 3 options:
    enabled, disabled, and 'unset'. By not setting it either way, the
    machine inherited the domain settings. Unfortunately the standard
    system policy editors shipped with 2K/2K3/XP don't appear to have that
    3rd option which means now I've got all kinds of machine running with
    who knows what setting and ignoring the domain policy. And once you've
    selected en/disabled via the radio box, there isn't a way to unset it.
    How do I dig myself out of this?

    I probably can play Registry Magic and accomplish what I need but I
    could have sworn I had a tool that would let me do what I used to be
    able to do.

    any ideas?