Account Lockout Policy

From: Shabbar Arsiwala (sarsiwala_at_obleness.org)
Date: 10/20/05

    Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:07:07 -0400
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    • Re: Account lock out threshold
      ... Account lockout policy should not be applied haphazardly. ... If you decide to apply account lockout policy, set the Account lockout threshold policy setting to a high enough number that authorized users are not locked out of their user accounts simply because they mistype a password. ...
    • Re: Username Vulnerability???
      ... Open Server Manager> highlight the PDC ... Password Policy and Account Lockout Policy are both ...
    • Re: Remote Desktop
      ... Can you explain the account lockout policy. ... how do you rename the administrator account? ... account so it cannot be logged in via RDP? ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Username Vulnerability???
      ... I have reviewed the account lockout policies. ... Password Policy and Account Lockout Policy are both ... >> One thing is to do change all user accounts passwords and you only have ...
    • Re: Default Address
      ... If the correct account is already set as default, ... Because of this tendency of attachments to infect, Microsoft has now set OE to block all attachments. ... If you choose to adjust OE to allow attachments, make sure you save the attachment to disk first and then scan it with your antivirus software. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...