RE: Authentication History Windows

From: Sean Warnock (swarnock_at_warnocksolutions.com)
Date: 10/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:44:17 -0700
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Well I will pull a little bit from memory to give you a starting point.
    The authentication methods I can come up from Microsoft over the years
    are;
    LanMan
    NTLM
    NTLMv2
    Kerberos
    These are all of the authentication methods I am aware of that Microsoft
    has used for its LAN technologies.  Keep in mind you may also want to
    cover the different mechanisms that Microsoft uses for other protocols
    such as HTTP, SMTP, etc...
    This will give you a rough starting point though others may be able to
    fill in protocols that I am missing (probably quite a few).
    Sean

    • Re: error 0x85010004 on wm5 with exchange sp1
      ... this issue occurs when the related settings in IIS is ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... Select Edit in Authentication and access control box. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Question For Any FrontPage Users Publishing Webs from SBS 2003
      ... | Subject: Re: Question For Any FrontPage Users Publishing Webs from SBS ... Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670 ... Please disable request authentication on ISA to allow the anonymous ... |> Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Remote Web Workplace Issues-Please help!
      ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... <825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ... <client after Authentication" right. ... <38110201-Remote Web Workplace Issues-Please help! ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: OWA Authentication ? Domain/Name
      ... we need not tick the option "Basic Authentication (password is sent in ... Exchange 2003 SP1 replaces the OWA logon screen (Program ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: OWA - Open access - HELP!!!!
      ... Open IIS Manager. ... Select Edit in Authentication and access control box, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)