RE: Authentication History Windows

From: Sean Warnock (swarnock_at_warnocksolutions.com)
Date: 10/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:44:17 -0700
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Well I will pull a little bit from memory to give you a starting point.
    The authentication methods I can come up from Microsoft over the years
    are;
    LanMan
    NTLM
    NTLMv2
    Kerberos
    These are all of the authentication methods I am aware of that Microsoft
    has used for its LAN technologies.  Keep in mind you may also want to
    cover the different mechanisms that Microsoft uses for other protocols
    such as HTTP, SMTP, etc...
    This will give you a rough starting point though others may be able to
    fill in protocols that I am missing (probably quite a few).
    Sean