Re: windows secure copy

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 10/05/05

    Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:57:40 +0200
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    On 2005-10-04 Matt Kaar wrote:
    > If you're considering using OpenSSH for Windows and want to use public
    > key authentication to avoid entering passwords over and over again, I
    > would recommend this guide:
    >
    > http://bmonday.com/articles/653.aspx
    >
    > It saved me a whole lot of headaches when trying to script some secure
    > file transfers.

    I second using OpenSSH. However, did you really get pubkey-auth to work
    on Server 2003 by following the HOTWO you mentioned above? We had to go
    through the steps described in [1] to get it working.

    [1] http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~smp/projects/ssh-windows/

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    --
    "Another option [for defragmentation] is to back up your important files,
    erase the hard disk, then reinstall Mac OS X and your backed up files."

    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
      ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: OpenSSH 3.8 resource temporarily unavailable error on windows 2k
      ... OpenSSH 3.8 'resource temporarily unavailable' error on windows 2k ... recently often receive client's complaint that they cannot connect server. ... you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: SFTP between Linux and Windows
      ... OpenSSH scp to SSH Tectia Server does not work ... SFTP between Linux and Windows ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Panda Platinum 2005 Internet Security
      ... >>> OpenSSH taugt unter Windows auf jeden Fall nicht wirklich das man VNC oder so ... Ansonsten werden RDP und VNC über ssh-dritt-Server problemlos getunnelt. ... Next by Date: ...
      (de.comp.security.firewall)