RE: New MS patches crashed my 2k3 SP1 PDC

From: Benjamin D. Goldman (bgoldman_at_kipany.com)
Date: 08/22/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:47:02 -0400
    To: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net>, "Hamid . K" <elite_netbios@yahoo.com>

    There isnt enough information for me to be taking this shot in the dark - but ill take it anyway in the hope that it MIGHT help someone.

    There was a serious problem with some dell RAID cards and windows 2003 service pack 1. Now - Im not saying that this is your problem exactly - but just so you know - you have to do allot of updates to certain boxes for them to run reliably with win2003 server with SP1.

    That said - of you have been patching correctly, you should have seen this issue earlier. But still - if your using Dell servers, make sure you have made all the vendor specific updates you are required to.