RE: Latest patches: restart issues?

From: Samson Lee (slee_at_lwcotrust.com)
Date: 08/22/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:49:43 -0400
    To: "Manuel J. Morales" <sfmanuel@gmail.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Manuel,

    Are you running and APC Powerchute services? I have this issue with any
    of my win2000/win2003 servers after I updated. I found that the services
    were taking forever to start up and thus causing the server to act like
    yours.

    The solution was found on APC's website which stated that due to the
    expiration of the Sun Java Runtime environment certificates expired on
    July 27, 2005, versions 6.x Powerchute will stop running normally. The
    fix is to install the latest version 7.04 from the website.

    Samson Lee, Network Administrator
    Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Trust
    230 Congress St
    Boston, MA 02110