RE: Latest patches: restart issues?

From: Evan Mann (emann_at_pinnaclefinancial.com)
Date: 08/22/05

    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:41:44 -0400
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    I had 1 issue with a 2003 SP1 upgrade and it was on a DC. It's not
    exactly what is happening here, but it could be related.

    The server would hang for 15 minutes at "Applying computer settings" and
    then take about 5 minutes to load the profile aftwards.

    It turned out that the DC was only pointed to itself for DNS, not
    another DC in the domain. The second I added another DC as the second
    DNS server, things started to work themselves out. The event logs
    started to indicate that the server was now not being prevented from
    becoming a DC. I had no such problems prior to installing SP1.