what is file refcache.ser

webglobe_at_gmail.com
Date: 07/05/05

    Date: 5 Jul 2005 00:01:24 -0000
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi,

     tripwire is reporting to me that the SHA value & the Write time of file c:\WINNT\system32\refcache.ser changed.

     I can't find anything about this file.
     Googling for this return 0 hit.

     Does someone know what this file is and who/how
     is it created & used.

     Any hint would be great!

    Thanks,
    JP

    • Re: what is file refcache.ser
    • RE: what is file refcache.ser
      ... Laura ... > tripwire is reporting to me that the SHA value & the Write ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Summary of Bit-Level SHA Discussion
      ... > implementations in conjunction with ad-hoc padding and encoding schemes ... > Roger on this point. ... If someone wanted to hash it, and has your SHA code, he wouldn't ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Dust Mote Web Server
      ... > (including encoding of the data, ... > Content-Length is probably also a good idea for text files you serve ... Probably also a good idea to return a Server header (reporting ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: ?hack cause?
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... Andy, ... I would search for root kits first. ... Hopefully, you run tripwire ...
      (Focus-SUN)