Re: Using Messenger Service for 'Net Send' Functionality --- Dangerous? Why?

Date: 06/23/05

    Date: 23 Jun 2005 14:50:06 -0000
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) At a previous company I worked for we had issues with employees using it to taunt each other. Since the only audit trail is in the local machine's event logs, it is very difficult to keep track of who is abusing the service. We ended up disabling the service company wide.