Re: Disclaimer on Active/active clustered exchange servers

From: minichaz (minichaz_at_acnp.org.uk)
Date: 06/21/05

    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:23:51 +0100

    On Mon Jun 20 16:22 , Peter Rodger sent:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >We need to apply the disclaimer to internal messages
    >for several groups. We purchased one product and it
    >can apply the disclaimer to users on non-clustered
    >exchange servers but it can not apply the disclaimer
    >to the users on the clustered exchange servers. THe
    >software looks for virtual SMTP server. I do not know
    >what's the difference between Nonclustered exchange
    >server and CLustered exchange server's default SMTP
    >virtual server? (we have active/active clustered
    >exchange servers).
    >
    >Any idea? I appreciate your help.

    Don't bother; disclaimers of this variety are annoying and worthless in court anyway (IANAL). The number of times I recieve an email from
    someone these days and find that what they have typed is far, far shorter than the attached disclaimer is just crazy.

    If you really want to have a disclaimer then make it a URL pointing to somewhere on your website with the full text, don't put it all in the
    message. This makes things easier to update too. At work I do the following.

    Disclaimer: http://www.whereiwork.com/disclaimer.html

    I'm not familiar with the technology that can be used to insert these in a mandatory fashion so I can't help you with that.

    Thanks,
    Charlie