IE in Kiosk mode

From: Robert Schwartz (robert.schwartz_at_ucdmc.ucdavis.edu)
Date: 06/15/05

    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:15:22 -0700

    I'm playing with some GPO's to deploy a few Kiosky type boxes for use by
    the general public to view some internal web sites while in our waiting
    rooms. I started with the common desktop scenarios Kiosk-mode, actually
    made it secure by locking down access to the box, software installation,
    etc etc etc (why would you let me open up a nonkiosk IE window by right
    clicking and install anything I want to the C drive on the default kiosk
    policy?)

    I need a "back", "forward", "home", and "Print" button. I can't seem to
    make Kiosk-mode IE do this.

    Anyone have a solution? Do I have to give up on Kiosk mode and turn to
    IEAK for a custom hacked IE that autolaunches? I really like the full
    screen Kiosk mode of IE but you need a "home" and a "print" button.....

    • RE: IE in Kiosk mode
      ... We decided against using Kiosk mode and instead used group policies to ... I'm playing with some GPO's to deploy a few Kiosky type boxes for use by ... I started with the common desktop scenarios Kiosk-mode, ... made it secure by locking down access to the box, software installation, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: IE in Kiosk mode
      ... I started with the common desktop scenarios Kiosk-mode, ... Do I have to give up on Kiosk mode and turn to ... IEAK and did what I needed. ... keys mapped to those functions. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)