Re: Windows Server 2K Lockdown

From: Dave Hales (cissp_va_beach_at_cox.net)
Date: 06/09/05

    To: "Casey DeBerry" <cdeberry@cobizinc.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:26:30 -0400

    Casey,

    The Department of Defense has just released their Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) to the public. You can access the site @ http://iase.disa.mil/

    Dave

    > From: "Casey DeBerry" <cdeberry@cobizinc.com>
    > Date: 2005/06/09 Thu AM 11:13:25 EDT
    > To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    > Subject: Windows Server 2K Lockdown
    >
    > I am looking for some documentation on locking down W2K, and not limited
    > to IIS.. Any information related to polciy etc would be great as well..
    > There are some good article's at SANS RR, anyone know where else I can
    > find them?
    >
    > Casey DeBerry
    > Information Security
    > CoBiz Inc.
    > www.cobizinc.com
    > deberry@cobizinc.com
    > Office 303.312.3405
    > Cell 303.669.8547

    > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    >
    > This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the sender nor CoBiz Inc. and its subsidiaries accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

    • Re: Policy - LockDown
      ... Locking Down Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Sessions ... I need a document, a paper, about LockDown a TS. ...
    • Re: Suggestion for review: a taxonomy of thread safety
      ... >>is not, in my opinion, to be considered threaded ... Well, it cannot multiprocess ... > I agree that locking and unlocking of values and of objects is not ... > documentation. ...
      (comp.programming)
    • RE: IIS Locking down IIS
      ... Use URLscan **Be careful & read the documentation, ... Lockdown Win2K using baseline server security checklist ... Lockdown IIS 5.0 using both baseline & secure internet information ... Familiarize yourself with Win2K access control methodologies ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: File/record locking
      ... I'd ask in one of the access newsgroups for the location of ... locking to handle multi-user concurrency issues. ... If you can refer me to any documentation and samples, ...
      (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
    • Re: pending changes for TOE support
      ... I think it would be a reasonable expectation of a driver author to have consistent documentation of the life cycle of data structures and objects, locking expectations and requirements, and the semantics for error values from functions. ... I'm not convinced that anyone person knows what all the existing invariants are in the stack as it is now. ...
      (freebsd-arch)