RE: To disable SMB packet and secure channel signing enforcement on Windows Server 2003-based domain controllers

From: Free, Bob (RWF4_at_pge.com)
Date: 05/05/05

    Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 08:51:20 -0700
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    > how does it 'decide' when it should communicate insecurely

     Murad-

    In his own inimitable way Mark Minasi had a very nice little write-up on
    this very subject in his mid-April newsletter(#46) he entitled "How SMB
    Signing Works: An "Alcoholics Anonymous" Protocol"
    You could sign up to see the archive at
    http://www.minasi.com/archive.htm
    I found it to be an intriguing presentation of the subject so I saved so
    I saved that portion off as a separate doc. I'll send you a copy.