using certificates in Outlook for encryption

From: Stegman, William (Bill.Stegman_at_transcore.com)
Date: 04/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:52:35 -0400
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    I have an enterprise PKI setup in our win2k active dir domain, and have been issuing user certificates for authentication, efs, and email encryption.  I've got wireless working fine with the certs, and signing messages from outlook works ok too, but when trying to encrypt the messages for others to view, I'm missing something.  Everything I keep reading only brushes over the fact that you can send your public key in an email message to your intended recipient so he/she can later read your encrypted messages, but once I receive that public key through a singed email, there's nothing I can really do with it as far as I can tell.  The messages are being sent to users who have obtained private keys from the same source, the AD enterprise CA.  I've posted some notes on MS's community newsgroups, but no bites.  The outlook clients range from 2000 to 2003, I've got the certificates configured in outlook's security tab, I think I'm just missing the public key part......

    Thank you,

    William Stegman - Network Administrator
    TransCore - Hummelstown
    Phone: 717-561-5931