RE: Checking what GPs are in effect

From: Emmanuel THYS (ethys_at_auchan.fr)
Date: 04/08/05

    To: <Salvador.Manaois@infineon.com>, <thor@hammerofgod.com>, <juandelacruz@gmail.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:05:39 +0200

    Another way is to launch a mmc , add the "resultant set of policies" snap-in
    and check parameters sets (assuming XP or 2003)

    Otherwise : If the GP is set to the computer which your users try to connect
    to, you could enable "GP loopback processing"
    (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit
    /en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/e
    n-us/gp/34.asp)
            So you don't have to assign your drive policy to every possible
    remote desktop user, you just have to assign the policy on machines they can
    connect to and enable loopback processing.
            classic in terminal server environments.

    ET