Re: Windows XP SP2 update

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] (sbradcpa_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 04/07/05

    Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:59:22 -0700
    To: John Madden <chiwawa999@yahoo.com>

    Gawd bless it...not another post...

    NO THEY ARE NOT....

    1. only if you had the kill bit enabled...do you? I didn't..I don't
    know of anyone who used it ... is it expiring
    2. Only if you have autoupdates enabled... kill bit gone...then shut off AU
    3. even with the AU enabled, the kill bit gone you STILL have to click
    on a EULA

    Geeze between Microsoft themselves not clarifying how few people used
    this, how few people will be affected by this.. it's insane the amount
    of misinformation April 12th has.

    Nothing will happen..if you want to stay on a less secure XP sp1... you
    have every right to do so.

    Me I already upgraded a long time ago.

    And no.. Windws 2003 isn't on AU either... if you got it you approved it
    on SUS or you WU'd it yourself..

    The FUD over this kill bit thing is insane.

    Like a fellow mvp said... he thinks he could convince people that it
    will be installed even if the computer isn't turned on and he bets that
    the newsmedia would buy it.

    Susan

    John Madden wrote:

    >Forgot about this one...
    >
    >Microsoft is forcing the upgrade to XP2 by april 12th.
    >
    >This is going to be a nightmare if all pc's get
    >updated at the same time...
    >

    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2aumng.mspx
    >

    >__________________________________
    >Yahoo! Messenger
    >Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun.
    >http://www.advision.webevents.yahoo.com/emoticontest

    Chapter 4 of The Complete Patch Management Book:
    https://www.ecora.com/ecora/jump/pm149.asp
    So why is it the only book on NT Event Logging is out of print?
    http://tinyurl.com/3kwc2
    And if you don't know about www.eventid.net You should!

    • Re: Prosecuting John Hinckley
      ... kill the person outright but led to whatever did kill them. ... Hinckley still has an insanity defense. ... the institution and allow him to drive a card if he's still insane. ... presumably have determined that he's no longer a danger to others. ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: OT: Hasans Power Point Presentation
      ... believe he is insane, he can. ... to possibly kill brother Muslims, so he is no longer violating his ... he must DIE while slaughtering infidels. ...
      (rec.music.beatles)
    • Re: Prosecuting John Hinckley
      ... kill the person outright but led to whatever did kill them. ... for murder. ... That would be the coroner (or doctor or pathologist or forensic ... the institution and allow him to drive a card if he's still insane. ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: Prosecuting John Hinckley
      ... didn't kill the person outright but led to whatever did kill them. ... the institution and allow him to drive a card if he's still insane. ... jury found that he was insane. ... the facts and circumstances haven't changed and the law cannot be changed, ...
      (rec.arts.tv)
    • Re: Athena Motorcycle Accident
      ... makes me sick. ...  No one is out to kill anyone, that is the most insane ... statment I have ever heard in my life. ...
      (rec.motorcycles)