RE: quarantine vpn clients

From: Soluk, Kirk (kmsoluk_at_umich.edu)
Date: 03/28/05

    Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:10:43 -0500
    To: "Matt Bazan" <Mbazan@onelegal.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    There is a Network Access Quarantine service in WS03 that works in
    conjunction with RRAS, Connection Manager and optionally a RADIUS
    server. It lets you run scripts on the clients to determine whether
    they meet your connection level policy requirements. Not a "true"
    security mechanism, but a first step toward their longer term quarantine
    plans at the network level.

    More info at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/quarantine.
    mspx

    I haven't deployed or implemented this personally so I can't comment in
    that regard. I just happen to know about it.