Re: Folder Encryption

From: Miroslaw Slawek Chorazy (mchorazy_at_depaul.edu)
Date: 03/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:35:46 -0600
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>, <KL_SecurityFocus@spamex.com>

    >Is there a way to use a Group Policy to force folder encryption for a
    >>specific folder on a group of PCs (XP) ?

    A local or network folder?

    If local then there i am not aware of simple setting for this but you
    could write a script which is a machine startup script and enforces the
    local directory encryption. You could make that script execute on
    specific computers which are filtered via either: WMI, OU or Security
    Group during computer startup.
    But if your users are local admins then i think they can un-encrypt.
    Anything below local Admin does not allow them to overwite.

    If network folder than make that folder part of your Offline files
    hierarchy and there is a GPO setting to force encryption.
    Again, if they are local admins then they can overwrite.

    slawek

    >>> <KL_SecurityFocus@spamex.com> 3/4/2005 10:00 >>>
    Is there a way to use a Group Policy to force folder encryption for a
    specific folder on a group of PCs (XP) ?
      - Kurt

    • Re: Users access folrders
      ... there is a same name folder with the user ... K. Type the following command to refresh the group policy settings: ... This command only apply to Windows NT and before. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: My Documents Redirection fails for some users
      ... problem to redirect My documents to the shared folder on the server box. ... group policy object or modify some group policy object? ... My documents redirection with the easy wizard- Client Document Redirection ... group policy result report, right-click the report and click Save Report. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Lack Sufficient Administrator Privileges
      ... > Can you open Group Policy editor as in gpedit.msc and if so did you make the ... When you run the command net localgroup administrators ... > root/drive folder, the program files folder, the \Windows folder, the ... >> trying to install Quicktime, ...
    • RE: Group policy
      ... Source: Folder Redirection ... Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. ... This problem is very likely related to the Group Policy Folder Redirection ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: User lost from ACL
      ... use the command rsop.msc in the run box to find out what Group Policy ... group that has necessary access permissions to the folder you may want to ... I added the user to the NTFS ...