Re: Microsoft Network Analyzer?

From: Miroslaw Slawek Chorazy (mchorazy_at_depaul.edu)
Date: 03/02/05

    Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:12:13 -0600
    To: <AUSecurity@earthlink.net>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    > Does anyone know of a MS product (free or pay) that would go out based

    >on a defined subnet and perform software inventory on client machines?

    >My boss said he used something similar about a year ago and cant think

    >of what it was... any help woud be great

    SMS 2.0 and 2003 can do that and muuuucho more ...
    and for the more script inclined ones,
    You can run AD GPO based scripts which will enumerate installed
    softwares on a computer based on WMI Classes.

    I know "The MS Scripting Guys" resource has made examples available.

    slawek

    >>> Charlie Saliba <AUSecurity@earthlink.net> 3/1/2005 14:22 >>>
      Does anyone know of a MS product (free or pay) that would go out
    based
    on a defined subnet and perform software inventory on client machines?

    My boss said he used something similar about a year ago and cant think

    of what it was... any help woud be great

    • Re: Big purge at ASU
      ... you get to pay them freely. ... publications which arose from my work. ... lab is that the one who does the job does not put the name of his boss ... that they can continue short-changing me in other areas as well. ...
      (sci.research.careers)
    • Re: An Open Plea to Mr Straczynski
      ... Wouldn't Mongoose have to pay something to ... of the outline and then each draft of the script. ... They are not the personal property of the writers. ...
      (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)
    • Re: Still good people out there
      ... You directed a response to me, ... I told you that I don't care if your boss doesn't mind if you ... > under a hot load and promise to pay for tolls that don't match up to ... > Would you quit beating that dead horse already? ...
      (misc.transport.trucking)
    • Re: Local Umps Ready To Go !
      ... I tell my boss, "Pay me $12 ... thought they had a chance to take a decent job for decent pay. ... create leverage where none exists. ... Those who call others "scabs" feel they are entitled to lifetime tenure ...
      (rec.sport.officiating)