Re: Terminal Services - Domain Controller - Normal User

From: Tomasz Onyszko (T.Onyszko_at_w2k.pl)
Date: 02/25/05

    Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:38:08 +0100
    To: Robert Abela <robert@gfi.com>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Robert Abela wrote:
    > HI,
    >
    > To log on via terminal Services (administration mode) on a Domain
    > controller one needs to be an Administrator of the domain (like a member
    > of the enterprise administrators, or domain administrators etc), since a
    > domain controller doesn't have its own groups.
    >
    > Are there any particular permissions or way to set it up to give a
    > normal user logon access (via terminal services, administration mode) to
    > the domain controller?

    You cen set-up permissions for RDP protocol on the RDP-TCP connection
    object in the terminal services confiugration console

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
    T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

    • Terminal Services - Domain Controller - Normal User
      ... To log on via terminal Services (administration mode) on a Domain ... domain controller doesn't have its own groups. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Terminal Services 128 day or not?
      ... Terminal Services is used to support normal users. ... by centralizing applications, etc vs desktops. ... Terminal Servies application mode is not for administration which is what ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ...
    • Re: SBS 2003 and Terminal Services ?
      ... In Windows 2000 Terminal Services, there are 2 different TS modes: ... to access the server remotely. ... Administrators can access a server in Remote Administration mode. ...
    • Re: IdleWinStationPoolCount
      ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services ... learn what is terminal services and how to administer it. ... sessions saved.. ... Services Remote administration mode. ...
    • Re: SBS 2003 R2 10 User CALs License
      ... Would it possibly help to separate the two ideas into 'Terminal Services' ... In Windows 2000 Server the RD capability was called 'Terminal Services ... Administration Mode' (which sortta confuses my use of TSAM acronym, but hey, ... If you also implement a separate TS, and apply TS licenses to it, those ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)