Re: Com+ permissions

From: Randhir Vayalambrone (vayalambrones_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/24/05

    Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:13:47 -0800 (PST)
    To: Gustavo Mateus <gustavo@gustavo.eti.br>, Pawel.Janowski@bremultibank.com.pl

    Just a thought, if possible set up a single
    responsible user (and maybe a secondary backup) with
    administrative privileges who will be responsible for
    publishing components in COM+ on your servers. This is
    more of a procedural/process solution.

    Another thing that could be done would be to script
    COM+ administration task and have the script scheduled
    to run every so many intervals of time (maybe you
    publish your updated components to your servers once a
    week or once a month???). This way, you'd have to
    setup the infrastructure in place to upload the
    updated components to a temporary location on the
    server (using either NetBIOS share with write
    permission or ftp or http upload ...) and then have
    the script pickup the updated components from this
    temporary location, move it to your applications
    component location and use either comutil.vbs or
    something similar to update it in COM+. (you might
    also want to have support in your script to backup the
    COM+ metabase and select registry hives before running
    the update to COM+)

    AFAIK, these are the only ways to get this done. COM+
    administration requires administrative privileges, you
    would not want it any other way. A system
    administrator should be performing these tasks.

    Thanks,
    Randhir Vayalambrone.

    --- Gustavo Mateus <gustavo@gustavo.eti.br> wrote:

    > Do you have any how-to?
    > I've already tried to work with MTS roles but it
    > didn't work.
    >
    > Pawel.Janowski@bremultibank.com.pl wrote:
    >
    > >Hello,
    > >
    > >You could use a Component Services (aka MTS) with
    > security identity.
    > >
    > >w/regards
    > >Paul

    =====
    "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."
    (William Arthur Ward)