Re: Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available

From: GuidoZ (uberguidoz_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/12/05

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:02:01 -0800
    To: "Stegman, William" <Bill.Stegman@transcore.com>

    Being they bought out Giant AntiSpyware to create this, I doubt it
    will remain free. MS will need to recoup their costs. (That's also why
    they have so much information about Giant's program on their website,
    talking about sticking with your current license and such. They are
    going to license this out for a fee in the future.)

    The beta doesn't expire until July 2005, so I'd expect a beta2 or so
    to appear by then, followed by a RC. I'd bet they will be ready to
    start charging by next fall at the latest.

    --
    Peace. ~G
    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:36:48 -0500, Stegman, William
    <Bill.Stegman@transcore.com> wrote:
    > Does anyone expect this to be a "free" service bundled with a service pack or future releases of MS operating systems, or will it be a separate piece of software available for purchase?  I don't see much info on the website, other than the beta version is free, and a few searches lead me to believe MS is intentionally being vague about the cost...

      ... Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available ... different spyware products. ... I venture to guess we would do the Same with Microsoft Anti-Spam ... I just installed the MS Antispyware tool with the default install, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: ****** What SP2 does not solve ******
      ... You see, neither adware nor spyware, collectively known as ... magically install themselves on anyone's computer. ... specific software a computer user may or may not choose to download ... Microsoft, at least, has done pretty much all they can ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • RE: Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available
      ... I just installed the MS Antispyware tool with the default install, ... The point I am trying to make here is that there is so much spyware out ... Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available
      ... different spyware products. ... I venture to guess we would do the Same with Microsoft Anti-Spam ... Anti-spyware Beta from Microsoft available ... I just installed the MS Antispyware tool with the default install, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: I cant find it in the fine print????
      ... Did you scan for spyware, viruses, and do other system maintenance ... beforehand, or just install? ... all my products (Microsoft and non-Microsoft) worked fine ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)