RE: Disable Network ID and Change button

From: Marc Fossi (mfossi_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:54:37 -0700 (MST)
    To: Paul Aviles <paviles@adjoined.com>

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Paul Aviles wrote:

    > I forgot to mention this. We are a consulting company and all people
    > need local admin rights...
    > Still, they think that to print on a client site they need to install
    > Client 32 for Netware and make the computers a member of a client's AD
    > domain... All printers nowdays are IP based but that is another story...
    >
    > So long story short, I just need to find out how to disable the options
    > even with local admin rights. I am sure there must be a registry setting
    > somewhere....

    Well, the problem here is that even if you find some way to disable this,
    since they are local admins, they can always change it back.

    If they have some real need to be local admins and you cannot change this
    fact, then maybe it's something you can address through a usage policy.

    Marc Fossi
    Symantec Corp.
    www.symantec.com

    • RE: Disable Network ID and Change button
      ... they think that to print on a client site they need to install ... even with local admin rights. ... Disable Network ID and Change button ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Removing Local Admin Rights...
      ... > None of our users have admin rights. ... Some software will run only under local admin user accounts. ... > Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ... > pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Automatically making AD users local administrators on computers in SBS 2003
      ... best" when assigning user rights. ... provide the client this account and password. ... can use this special local administrator account. ... > This will automatically give each user that logs in local Admin rights. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: Correct setup of XP-Pro computer on Win2K Domain
      ... Setting up a local account on the xp machine does not result in local admin ... rights for that user, you need to put them in the local admin group. ... > inconsistent problems with security when I setup a new XP-Pro workstation. ...
    • Re: User accounts being deleted
      ... doesn't run correctly unless the user has local admin ... rights to their system. ... >Hi Andy, ... >> noticed that users accounts on their workstations had ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)