RE: Disable Network ID and Change button

From: Marc Fossi (mfossi_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 12/03/04

    Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:54:37 -0700 (MST)
    To: Paul Aviles <paviles@adjoined.com>

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Paul Aviles wrote:

    > I forgot to mention this. We are a consulting company and all people
    > need local admin rights...
    > Still, they think that to print on a client site they need to install
    > Client 32 for Netware and make the computers a member of a client's AD
    > domain... All printers nowdays are IP based but that is another story...
    >
    > So long story short, I just need to find out how to disable the options
    > even with local admin rights. I am sure there must be a registry setting
    > somewhere....

    Well, the problem here is that even if you find some way to disable this,
    since they are local admins, they can always change it back.

    If they have some real need to be local admins and you cannot change this
    fact, then maybe it's something you can address through a usage policy.

    Marc Fossi
    Symantec Corp.
    www.symantec.com