Re: Disable Network ID and Change button

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 12/02/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:58:00 +0100
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    On 2004-12-02 Paul Aviles wrote:
    > Is there a way via GPO to disable the Network ID and Change buttons
    > from the Computer Name tab to be disabled so that my users don't have
    > the ability to remove a computer from our domain?

    Ummm, those buttons *are* disabled for normal users. If your users have
    admin privileges, then there's nothing you can do about it anyway.

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    --
    "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
    deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."

    • Re: a way to restrict multiple logons?
      ... > Can I disable multiple logons on my network through Group Policy? ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • Re: [SLE] Can XP ICS support SuSe DHCP?
      ... >> Both easy to deal with and hardly a network issue per se! ... > frustrated by trying to configure two identical ethernet cards in one ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little ... temporary safety, ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Film review
      ... Hmm, forecast still says 29 tomorrow, but definite ... my legs will fire for a D grade debut tomorrow. ... Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ...
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
    • Re: Windows 98 box is owned
      ... I would say a live analysis should be sufficent in your case. ... Running strings against the files may give some additional pointers. ... "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Fwd: Re: [SLE] DHCP problems using cable modem
      ... Dylan, ... servers and search list via DHCP." ... > temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor ... temporary safety, ...
      (SuSE)