A little nervous about service packs

From: Derek (derekm.nospam_at_rogers.com)
Date: 11/26/04

    Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:01:09 -0500
    To: ntbugtraq@listserv.ntbugtraq.com, focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    Does anyone else find it scary that the next service pack for Windows
    2000's release date is still "TBD," when it's already been almost a
    year an a half since the release of SP4?

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle/servicepacks.mspx

    I'm _really_ queasy about the fact that it's been well over 2 years
    since there's been a service pack for IE 6 on Windows 2000, especially
    with all of those crazy vulnerabilities/spy-ware prevalence that have
    surfaced.

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifesupsps

    That's a lot of hot-fixes to be installed correctly. It seems that they
    are forgetting about us little corporate users.

    Cheers,
    Derek

    • Re: eaten in box e mails
      ... Options | Maintenance for each Identity you have, and then compact manually ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
    • Re: Contents disappeared in most OE 6 folders
      ... Now the contents of most, but not all, of my folders are gone, ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
    • Re: Slowdown of downloads
      ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
    • Re: Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.
      ... > One other thing I did note that occasionally when I closed Outlook Express ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
    • Re: Iexplore error
      ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Disabling email protection does not leave you vulnerable to viruses and ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...