RE: Microsoft rights management server alternatives

From: Derek Schaible (dschaible_at_cssiinc.com)
Date: 11/23/04

    To: "Thompson, Tichard" <Tichard.Thompson@pharma.com>
    Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:27:04 -0500

    On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 14:58, Thompson, Tichard wrote:

    > As far as copy in paste to a document, If you choose the right
    > technique for rights managed content, you can also protect content that
    > is copied from one doc to another while also keeping a running audit
    > trail of how the document is being accessed no matter where it goes. I
    > believe this technology has a long way to go but we are seeing a fine
    > start.

    Well, not really. It wont log a screenshot, will it? :-)

    And I can open Rights protected files under Linux with zero
    restrictions.

    Personally, I think its nothing more than a false sense of security.
    Legal disclaimers satisfy the same legal protection with much less cost.

    --
    Derek Schaible <dschaible@cssiinc.com>
    CSSI, Inc.