RE: Microsoft rights management server alternatives

From: Thompson, Tichard (Tichard.Thompson_at_pharma.com)
Date: 11/22/04

    Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:58:04 -0500
    To: "Jimi Thompson" <jimi.thompson@gmail.com>

    I agree... the biggest failure in the technology is the remaining
    weekness to Ananlog attacks such as taking a picture of protected
    content on a screen. I cant even say that I personally totaly buy into
    this technology but for some groups in the company I work for, this
    technology is ideal and satisifies a regulatory need that exists. No one
    technology is the holy grail for securing your environment. What we have
    are many small pieces that you put together to come up the most complete
    solution possible.
        As far as copy in paste to a document, If you choose the right
    technique for rights managed content, you can also protect content that
    is copied from one doc to another while also keeping a running audit
    trail of how the document is being accessed no matter where it goes. I
    believe this technology has a long way to go but we are seeing a fine
    start.

    Just as a