RE: Supported products in Windows Security Center (WSC)

security_at_umbrellacorp.us
Date: 11/15/04

    Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:00:35 -0700
    To: Bob Jones <lists@pavlodarproductions.com>

    > > Firewalls inside WSC. For example, Norton AV is
    > > recognised but Sygate is not.

    I actually just performed a install this weekend and installed Sygates
    PF product after SP2. It seemed to be recognized just fine in the
    security center.

    Matt Davis, MCSE: Security
    http://agent.chaosnet.org

    • Re: corrupted profiles and much more
      ... I'm running Vista SP 1 x64 on HP/Compaq 8510w ... This is a clean install with only the OS, updates from Windows Update, most ... However all was not related to SP1rc and Norton. ... in Windows Local Security Policies and HP PRotectTools. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: The area for the questions is blank
      ... I think the "partial recovery" was, in fact, a Repair Install. ... If such was the case and you did not uninstall IE8 before doing the "partical recovery," your only recourse now will be a clean install. ... Here is the info on the computer and Norton. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: After SP2 Try getting the Live Update Patch and then Install SP2
      ... *By all means install SP2--you are better off undoubtably with it ... and NIS 2004 among other Norton ... then install SP2 and you should be fine. ... Windows XP. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
    • Re: Port 80
      ... close port 80 with Sygate PF. ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ...
    • Re: Port 80
      ... Went to Sygate to purchase and download the Sygate Pro ... >> server to return a bogus Server header in order to not leak ... Select SP1a from Windows Update area and install. ... Then go back to WU and install all critical updates. ...