RE: root_drv.sys rootkit

From: Renouf, Phil (Phil.Renouf_at_tdsecurities.com)
Date: 11/08/04

    Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:38:02 -0500
    To: "Llistes Diverses" <deixalles@gmail.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Rebuild the server, you will never know if you have gotten everything
    that was done to that box, even if you get rid of the rootkit.

    Unplug the box, document the configuration (if it hasn't already been
    done), rebuild the server and document the build and configuration
    process in detail, make sure you have patched the holes that were used
    to compromise it in the first place, then plug it back in.

    Phil