Re: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.

From: xyberpix (xyberpix_at_xyberpix.com)
Date: 10/30/04

    To: Ryan Parrish <RyanP@foxracing.com>
    Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:13:19 +0100

    Personally, we sent an e-mail around telling people how to change the
    settings so that they could change their own settings at home, and at
    work. It cuts down on tech support. :-)
    Also depending how you are getting them to go through the proxy, you
    could set this up to change at certain times as well.
    I will need more info on what firewall, and proxy, and desktop client OS
    you are using though, but feel free to mail me either on or off the
    list. I will help where I can.

    xyberpix

    On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 20:27, Ryan Parrish wrote:
    > We are trying to implement a GPO that forces all users/computers to use a proxy sever for there internet access in the company, but have hit a snag. We have lots of laptop users that we found during testing when they take there laptops home they can access the internet using there own ISP since we set the policy to use a proxy server that is not available to the outside internet, thus they get no internet access.
    > Has anybody dealt with this kind of situation before? Is there a way to set a GPO to only be active during business hours?

    > Ryan Parrish
    > ryanp@foxracing.com
    > IT Dept.
    > 408-776-8633 extension 1229
    > Please direct all support questions to -
    > (`..-> itsupport@foxracing.com

    For Security and Open Source news:
    http://xyberpix.demon.co.uk