Re: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.

From: xyberpix (xyberpix_at_xyberpix.com)
Date: 10/30/04

    To: Ryan Parrish <RyanP@foxracing.com>
    Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:13:19 +0100

    Personally, we sent an e-mail around telling people how to change the
    settings so that they could change their own settings at home, and at
    work. It cuts down on tech support. :-)
    Also depending how you are getting them to go through the proxy, you
    could set this up to change at certain times as well.
    I will need more info on what firewall, and proxy, and desktop client OS
    you are using though, but feel free to mail me either on or off the
    list. I will help where I can.

    xyberpix

    On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 20:27, Ryan Parrish wrote:
    > We are trying to implement a GPO that forces all users/computers to use a proxy sever for there internet access in the company, but have hit a snag. We have lots of laptop users that we found during testing when they take there laptops home they can access the internet using there own ISP since we set the policy to use a proxy server that is not available to the outside internet, thus they get no internet access.
    > Has anybody dealt with this kind of situation before? Is there a way to set a GPO to only be active during business hours?
    >

    > _-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_
    >
    > Ryan Parrish
    > ryanp@foxracing.com
    > IT Dept.
    > 408-776-8633 extension 1229
    > Please direct all support questions to -
    > (`..-> itsupport@foxracing.com
    >
    > _-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_

    For Security and Open Source news:
    http://xyberpix.demon.co.uk

    • RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
      ... meaning Auto config, use proxy I am able to connect to the remote website. ... How can I make this work without having to disable the IE settings everytime ... Publish to External FrontPage Server ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)
    • Re: HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP Address Rejected
      ... it was the proxy settings on the ... > You can also try to change the security settings for the Remote Web ... Open the IIS console ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Trend Micro and Proxy Server
      ... Access is from server console. ... ' under the Advanced proxy setting makes a difference. ... just turn off the proxy in the server's IE settings. ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Trend Micro and Proxy Server
      ... Are you accessing this from a client computer, the server, or both? ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... perfectly if I configure server's IE to not use proxy server. ... ISA 2004 installed and the web Proxy settings will be set to point to ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Trend Micro and Proxy Server
      ... remove the tick from "use a proxy server" in IE - if that works ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... just turn off the proxy in the server's IE settings. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)