RE: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.

bob.r.bowden_at_bt.com
Date: 10/30/04

    Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:03:16 +0100
    To: <drew.dubber@eds.com>, <RyanP@foxracing.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Expanding on Drew's idea, if you use logon and logoff scripts in GPO, you can put create a GPO for your laptop users, and get it to run a script on login that backs up the proxy settings, and then changes them to your corporate ones. Upon logoff, another script runs which restores the backed up proxy settings.

    A bit complex, but should work.

    Just as an aside, why are your users using their corporate pc's to dial up to an ISP? Does this not present a risk to your organisation from things like viruses & other forms of malware?